Comfort & Satisfaction Using Duct Balancing:
Leave nothing to chance with this air-balancing and commissioning tool, based on ACCA Manual B methodology. This tool ensures homeowner satisfaction and will take your company to the next level as you provide a properly distributed HVAC system with minimal effort.
Right-B™ collects data from your duct design and calculates the CFM for each register, then color codes each design, allowing you to easily identify which registers need to be adjusted to achieve your target CFM. Once completed, Right-B™ will produce a final report for your customer.
Use Right-B™ to:
Calculate target airflow. Right-B™ is equipped to target airflow based on your choice of heating only, cooling only, average proportional, and max proportional.
Calculate a proportional balance. Right-B™ will balance the run furthest out of range by your design percentage and use proportionately less for each adjusted run that is less out of range.
Instantly identify which register to adjust.
Calculate anticipated CFM, post balancing. This allows the user to better adjust the balance amount needed.
- Design duct system using either Right-D® or Right-Duct™.
- Select the Right-B™ Worksheet page, where you will see the registers and design CFM for each register.
- Once the air handler is set up, measure the actual CFM at each supply register, and enter under "Measured CFM".
- After all registers are measured, the program computes the ratio of actual CFM to design CFM and then suggests the order and the amount to adjust each register.
- Adjust the dampers with the highest actual to design ratio to about 90% (standard) of the design CFM and on the second highest register you adjust to 92% of design CFM and so on, adjusting each register by 2%, until you’ve adjusted all of the five highest ratio registers.
- When completed, the excess air from the highest ratio registers is re-distributed into the lower ratio registers.
- From here you may re-measure and repeat the process until all registers are within their allowable tolerance. Each register is color coded with black, red and blue to indicate whether that register is within tolerance, above tolerance or below tolerance, respectively.
Right-B™ is the perfect way improve comfort for your customers on every level, without extensive knowledge of air balancing and airflow diagnostics. With properly balanced ducts, expect to improve compliance with tight building codes and energy requirements, enhance temperature and humidity comfort and control, remove hot and cold spots, enjoy quieter vents with improved airflow, and most of all, establish your company as industry experts and separate yourself from the competition.